Look up the lodging tax rate for your vacation rental property
Tax requirements for your short-term rental are based on the exact address of your property. Enter your rental address below and we’ll calculate the correct lodging tax rate to charge your guests
Disclaimer: Your information will remain confidential
Sales and lodging tax rate
Combined tax rate%
We've received your request
Your lodging tax rate will take a bit longer to calculate. Hold tight and we’ll send your tax details via email as soon as they’re ready.
What you need to know about lodging tax
- Lodging tax is administered by your state and local tax authorities
- Tax rates vary by state, county, city, and even neighborhood
- Most vacation rentals in the US must be registered with both state and local authorities
- Mandatory fees, like cleaning charges, are taxable
- Some rental marketplaces collect some or all of the lodging tax
There’s an easier way to manage lodging taxes
Let the experts at MyLodgeTax manage your taxes so you can get back to running your vacation rental.
Starting at $20 per month, MyLodgeTax will:
- Determine your tax rate
- Obtain & manage licenses & registrations for your property
- Prepare, file & pay your taxes
Lodging Tax 101
Everything short-term rental hosts need to know about lodging taxes.