Lousiana Sales Tax Rate Changes, July 2013
- Jul 26, 2013 | Gail Cole
The Louisiana state rate of 4% has not changed, but there are new rates or tax jurisdictions in the parishes of Caddo, Ouachita, Rapides, Richland, and St. Tammany. These changes took effect July 1, 2013.
City Rate Change
The City of Sterlington has a new combined local tax rate of 6% (up from 5.5%). The new combined state and local rate is 10% (up from 9.5%).
The City of Woodworth has a new combined local tax rate of 5% (up from 4%). The new combined state and local rate is 9% (up from 8%).
The City of Rayville has a new combined local tax rate of 5.5% (up from 4.5%). The new combined state and local rate is 9.5% (up from 8.5%).
New local tax districts
There is a new local tax district in Caddo Parish: the Mall Economic Development District. The combined local rate is 5.6%. Of that, the School Board gets 1.5%, Law Enforcement gets 0.35%, the City / Town gets 2.75%, and the Mall Economic Development District gets 1%. The combined state and local rate is 9.6%.
St. Tammany Parish
There is a new local tax district in St. Tammany Parish: Camelia Square. The combined local rate is 5.75%. Of that, the School Board gets 2%, the City / Town gets 2%, Law Enforcement gets 0.25%, Jail Facilities get 0.25%, the Justice Center gets 0.25%, and the Sales Tax District gets 1%. The total state and local rate is 9.75%.
Louisiana is a fascinating state with a unique culture, cuisine and landscape. Visitors are encouraged to drop their reserve and "laissez les bon temps rouler." That motto may serve you well as you bounce from venue to venue in New Orleans, but it won't help you track down a sales tax rate change in one of the state's parishes. Finding sales tax rate changes in Lousiana requires determination, conviction, and maybe even a little sweat.
It's more fun to just go with the flow. Let someone else sweat over sales tax for you.
Get Free Tax Rate Tables