Avalara sponsored this complimentary program presented by Bloomberg Tax.
It’s been one year since the Wayfair decision upended the physical presence nexus standard for state sales taxes collected by online retailers. While the vast majority of states have implemented economic nexus standards, many questions still linger. To help shed a light on these issues, Bloomberg Tax gathered responses from state revenue agencies regarding their sales and use tax nexus policies as part of our annual Survey of State Tax Departments.
Drawing from the experiences of leading tax experts and SALT practitioners and incorporating the findings from this year’s survey, the webinar will help attendees navigate the complexity of complying with the states’ emerging economic nexus laws and rules.
Webinar participants will learn about:
- Calculating dollar and transaction thresholds
- New marketplace facilitator laws
- The role of the Streamlined Sales Tax Agreement
- Complications arising from local tax administration
- Potential need for federal legislation
- Impact on non-U.S. sellers
Who would benefit most from attending this webinar?
Executives, business leaders, state tax & finance professionals, tax counsel, and executives working on state tax issues.