Sales tax 101: A beginner’s guide
60 minutes, including Q&A
Establish a solid foundation to manage sales tax for your business
Trust us, you’re not alone if you feel confused and overwhelmed by the mere mention of sales tax and all that it involves. Few U.S. businesses who collect and remit sales tax understand all the rules or how to comply with them. This has been further exacerbated by the pandemic with many new or changed rules.
Economic nexus. Exemption certificates. Sourcing rules. Business license management.
If reading those terms made your head spin, you'll want to watch this webinar! In just one hour, our sales tax expert Matt Hammond reviews the most important topics businesses like yours need to understand about sales tax, including:
- Steps to accurately calculate sales tax rates (and how not to)
- Tips to determine if you have sales tax obligations across state lines (it may be more likely than you think)
- Resources to keep up with ever-changing legislative updates and rate/rule changes
- Recommendations for how to scale the tax returns process
- Rules for when a business must collect exemption certificates
Check out this webinar for an opportunity to learn more about how to efficiently manage sales tax for your business! Attendees are also eligible to earn 1 hour of CPE credit.
National Sales Manager, Avalara
Matt joined Avalara in 2014 as a sales associate. He is now a national sales manager and focuses on helping small businesses understand and simplify sales tax requirements through automation. Matt lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, with his family and holds a degree in human relations from High Point University.